Article 1: Definition
- “Our Company” shall mean Shueisha Inc.;
- “The Services” shall mean all the services Our Company provides by the name of “Read me！ ONE PIECE” including contents distribution service.
- “User(s)” shall mean any and all customer(s) who use the Services. User(s) shall also include those who intend to become User(s).
- “Contents” shall mean contents provided by the Services including texts, sentences, information, news, software, application, video, sound and image including manga. Contents also include links to other services than the webpages of the Services.
Article 2: Scope of Application
- If User is a minor, User shall obtain consent from his/her legal representative such as parent before using this website and the Services.
- If Our Company deems that a change of contents stated in the preceding paragraph is important, Our Company gives advance notice for a period Our Company deems reasonable and indicates on this website the fact of change, contents of changed terms and effective date of the change.
Article 4: Use by Users
- Users use the Services at its own responsibility. Users shall, at their responsibility, prepare and maintain equipment including mobile devices necessary to access and use the Services and take security measures including anti-computer virus, anti-unauthorized access and precaution of data breach appropriate for their own computer environment. All the costs relating to the uses of the Services including data transfer cost shall be borne by Users.
- In no event shall Our Company be responsible nor liable for any damages Users may incur in relation to or arising out of use of this website.
- Should User have any trouble with a third party including receiving a claim from a third party concerning use of this website, such trouble shall be solved directly between User and the third party and in no event shall Our Company be obligated to be involved therein.
Article 5: Advertisement and Third Party Service
- Our Company shall be entitled to place advertisement of Our Company and/or any third party at this website.
- It is understood that any transaction and/or agreement between User and any third party whose advertisement is placed at this website shall be entered and performed between said parties. In no event shall Our Company be responsible or liable for any damages caused in relation to or arising out of the advertisement placed at this website.
- A third party website may provide a link to the Services regardless of whether or not Our Company has approved to do so. In no event shall Our Company be responsible or liable any damages the User incur in relation to or arising out of such third party website.
Article 6: Contents
- The User acknowledges and agrees that the Contents provided by the Services are not necessarily the same as the contents of those issued in paper medium.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that Our Company may, at its discretion, change (including correction, erasure, addition of information etc.) the Contents at any time, e.g., after User’s browsing of the Contents.
- In no event shall Our Company warrant that the Contents are safe, accurate, useful or non-infringing third-party rights etc.
Article 7: Prohibited Matters
- The Users shall not be engaged in any activities falling under or likely to falling under any of the followings: In the event that such activity is recognized, Our Company, at its discretion, may take measures Our Company deems appropriate including suspension of whole or part of provision of the Services without prior notice to the User.
- Use of this website for public transmission (including making transmittable to the public), grant of license to a third party, assignment, publication, use for business purpose, translation and duplication (including screen shot) for other purpose than the User’s private use, distribution, alteration of this website and Contents;
- Erasing copyright credit of this website;
- Segregating a program or part of a program from this website;
- Reverse engineering, decompilation or disassemble;
- Unauthorized access to and/or manipulation or elimination of this website;
- Using this website and/or the Services by way of identity fraud;
- Transmitting and/or making a third party receivable information containing harmful program;
- Unauthorized access to, use of and/or interference of operation of facility or equipment of a third party for this website of the Services (including telecommunication facility, computer, equipment and software Our Company prepared in order to provide the Contents or the Services);
- Posting or other activity infringing rights of Our Company and/or any third party including legal rights such as copyright and trademark etc.;
- By posting or by other activity, blaming, insulting, slandering or defaming, discrediting or invading privacy etc. of Our Company and/or any third party;
- discriminatory expression based on race, nationality, belief or sex etc., excessive violent expression, unpleasant obscene expression, expression aiding and abetting criminal activity and expression including anti-social contents or the like;
- Posting for commercial purpose including sales, promotion and/or advertisement;
- Posting for the purpose of dating with a person not acquainted with;
- Posting personally identifiable information including name, address, telephone number, email address of his/her own or other person; or posting for the purpose of collecting personal information of another person;
- Posting words, phrases, languages, texts ordinary users cannot read or understand;
- Posting same contents excessively repeatedly: and
- Other posting or activity against public policy or violating laws including copyright law or criminal law and/or posting or activity Our Company deems inappropriate.
- Should any posting or activity falling under (9) through (17) in the preceding paragraph be recognized, Our Company may, at its discretion, eliminate the applicable posting without prior notice to the User; or Our Company may arrange that the User posting the applicable contents or other Users cannot browse the applicable contents.
- In the event that Our Company deems necessary to protect rights and assets of Our Company including the Services; or to protect life, body or property of a third party, Our Company shall be entitled to disclose or provide contents posted by User or personally identifiable information of the User to a court or administrative agency including police.
Article 8 Copyright etc.
- The User agrees that while copyright of the contents of posting by the User belongs to him/her, Our Company shall have the exclusive license to use such contents by the User with or without alteration, free of charge, and that the User shall not exercise any moral right against such use by Our Company or a third party designated by Our Company.
- The User shall obtain all the necessary approval from applicable author and/or right holder of the comment and/or portrait used at the post, if applicable, for such posting by the User and use of the same by Our Company or a third party designated by Our Company pursuant to the preceding paragraph.
Article 9: On Privacy
- Our Company’s “Privacy Guideline” shall apply in relation to handling of privacy matter of the User.
- The User preapproves that when the User uses the Services, depending upon what services the User actually uses, Our Company may collect user information (including information available from the device the User uses, e.g., IP address, identification information generated using cookie technology, activity history).
- The User preapproves that Our Company shall be entitled to use data the User generated in relation to the Services (e.g., comment and nickname etc.) for Our Company’s promotion and advertisement purpose perpetually and free of charge. The User agrees that he/she makes any objection or otherwise making any claim against Our Company in relation to the use stated herein.
Article 10: System Requirement for the Services
- In order to use the Services, the User shall meet the system requirements that Our Company separately designate in relation to device, OS and browser software (hereinafter referred to as “Designated Requirements”). It is understood that under the circumstances not satisfying the Designated Requirements, the User may not use the Services properly.
- The User understands and agrees that no warrantee is made by our Company as to the normal use of the Services even under the Designated Requirements.
- Our Company reserves the right to change the Designated Requirements without prior notice. In no event shall Our Company be responsible or liable even when the User cannot use the Services or Contents normally due to change of the Designated Requirements. Further, in no event shall Our Company be responsible or liable when the User cannot use the Services normally because of change of circumstances due to change of device or update of OS or browser software.
Article 11: Purchase of Contents
While Our Company does not sell Contents at the Services, Our Company may introduce purchase of the Contents through other services provided by Our Company or by other company. For the detail of the purchase, the User may refer to description of such other services provided by Our Company or by other company for details of purchase method and payment method etc.
Article 12: Suspension of the Services
- Our Company may suspend provision of whole or part of the Services for the purpose of system maintenance from time to time. In such a case, Our Company notify the Users in advance; provided that in any of the following events, Our Company may suspend provision of whole or part of the Services without prior notice to the Users:
- In case of maintenance of facility etc. of the Services for an urgent need;
- Occurrence of operational or technical trouble including system trouble and interruption of communication line that is beyond control of Our Company;
- Inability of provision of the Services due to fire, failure of electric power supply etc.;
- Difficulty of provision of the Services due to natural disaster including earthquake, flood and tidal wave.
- In the event that Our Company deems suspension is necessary for environmental, operational or technical reason.
- While Our Company makes effort to provide the Service continuously, Our Company shall not owe any further obligation. Accordingly, the Users understand and agree that in no event shall Our Company be responsible or liable for any damages the User or any third party may incur in relation to or arising out of delay or suspension of provision of the Services due to the reasons listed in the preceding paragraph or otherwise.
Article 13: Suspension or Loss of Qualification to Use
- Our Company may suspend or restrict to use the Services for a certain User in the event that Our Company deems such User falls under any of the followings:
- The Services are not used for a long time by the User, e.g., no log-in for a long time;
- Our Company deems it inappropriate for the User to continue to use the Services.
- In the event that Our Company deems that the event stated in the preceding paragraph is solved or ceases, Our Company may, at its discretion, release the suspension temporarily.
Article 14: Prohibition of Assignment
The Users cannot assign, transfer, license, pledge or otherwise setting security on whole or part of User eligibility or right or obligation of the User.
Article 15: Dispute with a Third Party
- Should dispute arises between the User and a third party in relation to the Services, the User shall resolve the dispute at its own responsibility and cost. The User shall indemnify and hold Our Company, other Users and a third party harmless from damages arising out of or in relation to such dispute.
- The User shall indemnify and hold Our Company harmless from any claim, demand and damage (including reasonable attorney’s fee) arising out of or in relation to infringement of rights of third party.
Article 16: Cessation of the Services
- Our Company may, at its discretion, cease whole or part of the Service at any time by giving prior notice to the Users.
- A notice to the User will be given by posting at this website or other method that Our Company deems reasonable.
- Should the User incur any damages due to cessation of the Services, in no event shall Our Company be responsible nor liable.
Article 17: Liability
Article 18: Language, Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Dated:, Sep 1st, 2023
©︎ SHUEISHA Inc. All rights reserved.